Two days of drafting the research proposal passed.
On Monday uploaded the document onto Moodle and undertook a urkund check. Awaiting the results, if there are any…
Revisited the creative research literature in order to verify option for creative output. Currently I tend toward a book for the following reasons:
- more permanent (output) –> what do I want to get out of the PhD.
- easier to distribute through different countries where I will undertake research.
- a book can better inform policy over a longer period in time.
- equally labour intense than a exhibition
- challenge to find an appropriate publisher and someone who covers the print cost for the first edition.
–> Addtional option to link book to an online exhibition (videos, photos etc.) hosted by USG.
Ideas for the design of the creative output
Zardini, M. (2005). Sense of the City: an alternate approach to urbanism. Montréal Lars Müller Publishers.
The PhD proposal can be accessed here: PhD Proposal