Meeting with supervisors
- took place in week 26
- received valuable feedback on my summary one pager. As I understood the entire PhD hangs off these 500 words.
- Also I’ve received a valuable article, that creates a useful bridge between physical activity and play where observational methods were used.
- Thiel, A., Thedinga, H. K., Thomas, S. L., Barkhoff, H., Giel, K. E., Schweizer, O., … Zipfel, S. (2016). Have adults lost their sense of play? An observational study of the social dynamics of physical (in)activity in German and Hawaiian leisure settings. BMC Public Health, 16, 689. http://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-016-3392-3
- Conclusion of paper was: in order to get adults more physical active focus on fun message and carry out further studies in leisure time environments.
- As the predominant form of public realm in cities is street space, it supports the notion that my research can add value and is so far unique.
- Work on observational coding table continues. I am focusing on types human playful activity, environmental composition (spaces and places) and supportive information (age, gender, body composition, time).
- important that these measures can be related back to my original research questions.